How do I take care of my Gemstones?
To keep your gemstones looking their best, it’s important to take proper care of them. Here are some general tips to help you maintain your gemstone jewellery:
- Avoid exposing your gemstones to harsh chemicals such as bleach, chlorine, and other cleaning agents. These chemicals can damage the surface of the gemstone and cause it to lose its lustre.
- Store your gemstones properly when you’re not wearing them. Keep them in a soft pouch or a jewellery box with separate compartments to prevent them from scratching against each other.
- Clean your gemstones regularly using warm water, mild detergent, and a soft brush. Avoid using harsh chemicals or ultrasonic cleaners as they can damage the surface of the gemstone.
- Be careful when wearing your gemstones. Avoid wearing them while doing activities that could cause them to get scratched or damaged, such as gardening or playing sports.
- Take your gemstones to a professional jeweller for cleaning and maintenance at least once a year. A professional jeweller can inspect your gemstones for any damage and recommend the best course of action.
It’s important to note that different types of gemstones require different care. For example, opals are very delicate and require special care to prevent cracking and drying out. Check out pages on individual gemstones for more information on how to maintain specific types of gemstones.
To keep your gemstones safe and secure, it’s important to store them properly. Here are some tips to help you maintain your gemstone jewellery:
When it comes to storing your gemstones, you should keep them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. You can store them in a soft pouch or a jewellery box with separate compartments to prevent them from scratching against each other. If you have a large collection of gemstones, you might consider investing in a storage case with drawers or display cases with glass tops that also allow you to show off your collection.