How to Style: Mixed Metal Jewellery
Can you wear gold and silver jewellery together? The short answer – yes! Mixing metals is pretty much the norm these days. Unless you’re a firm devotee of either gold or silver, mixing your metals is a fun, creative and stylish way to accessorise your outfits. Here are some tips and tricks on how to rock the mixed metal look with confidence and flair.
Why mix metals?
Mixing metals is not only trendy, but also practical. You don’t have to worry about matching your jewellery to your outfit or your other accessories. You can mix and match different pieces from your jewellery collection and create new combinations every time. You can also layer different metals to add dimension and texture to your look. Mixing metals can also help you express your personality and mood. You can go for a subtle and elegant look with delicate gold and silver chains, or a bold and edgy look with chunky gold and silver rings.
How to mix metals?
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to mixing metals, but there are some guidelines that can help you achieve a balanced and harmonious look.
– Start with a base metal. Choose one metal that will dominate your look, such as gold or silver, and use it as the base for your jewellery. This will help you create a cohesive and consistent look, especially if you’re new to mixing metals.
– Add contrast with accents. Once you have your base metal, you can add contrast and interest with accents of another metal, such as rose gold or copper. You can use these accents sparingly or generously, depending on your preference and style. For example, you can wear a gold necklace with a silver pendant, or a silver bracelet with a gold charm.
– Mix metals of similar tones. Another way to mix metals is to choose metals that have similar tones or hues, such as warm or cool. This will help you create a harmonious and sophisticated look, without clashing or competing. For example, you can mix gold with rose gold or bronze, or silver with platinum or white gold.
– Use mixed metal pieces. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also use pieces that already have mixed metals in them, such as earrings, rings or necklaces that combine different metals in one design. This will make mixing metals easier and more fun, as you can play with different shapes, patterns and textures.
How to style mixed metal jewellery?
Now that you know how to mix metals, here are some ideas on how to style them with different outfits and occasions.
– Casual: For a casual and relaxed look, you can mix metals with denim, leather, or cotton fabrics. You can also opt for simple and minimal jewellery pieces, such as studs, hoops, or chains. For example, you can wear a pair of jeans with a white t-shirt, a leather jacket, and some gold and silver rings.
– Formal: For a formal and elegant look, you can mix metals with silk, satin, or lace fabrics. You can also go for more elaborate and intricate jewellery pieces, such as chandeliers, cuffs, or statement necklaces. For example, you can wear a black dress with a silver clutch, a gold belt, and some rose gold earrings.
– Boho: For a boho and eclectic look, you can mix metals with floral, paisley, or tribal prints. You can also layer different jewellery pieces, such as necklaces, bracelets, or anklets. For example, you can wear a maxi dress with a floral print, a denim jacket, and some gold and silver necklaces.
– Glam: For a glam and chic look, you can mix metals with sequins, glitter, or metallic fabrics. You can also add some sparkle and shine to your jewellery pieces, such as crystals, diamonds, or pearls. For example, you can wear a sequin dress with a gold clutch, a silver necklace, and some diamond earrings.
Mixing metals is a fun and creative way to accessorise your outfits and express your style. You can mix different metals by choosing a base metal, adding contrast with accents,
mixing metals of similar tones,
or using mixed metal pieces.
You can also style mixed metal jewellery with different outfits
such as casual,
The key is to experiment
and have fun
with mixing metals
and finding what works for you.
I hope this blog post was helpful
If you liked it,
please share it
with your friends
who love jewellery
as much as you do.
And don’t forget
to check out our website
for more jewellery tips
as well as our amazing collection
of mixed metal jewellery pieces
that you can shop online
or in store.
Thank you for reading
and happy mixing!