How Do I Measure My Ring Size?
How do I measure my ring size is a question we often get asked at the studio. Ring sizes are affected by a number of factors- age, medical conditions, pregnancy, temperature, to name a few.
For the purpose of this article we will look to find out your basic ring size.
- Take the measurement in the evening, when your finger will be a little larger.
- Don’t take the measurement when your finger is cold. This can give you a reading smaller than what you need.
Here’s a step-by-step outline of the best ways to measure your current ring size.
You Will Need
- Fine nib marker or another easy flow pen
- Ruler (cm / mm)
- Cut a long strip of paper no wider than 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) .
- Wrap it around the base of your chosen finger you want to size.
- Ensure the loop of paper slides easily over your knuckle without getting stuck, but is still close-fitting.
- Take your pen and mark the points on both sides of the paper where it overlaps.
- Open up the piece of paper, take a ruler and measure the distance between the two marked points.
- From here you should use a ring chart to measure the size of the ring needed for your finger.
Q & A Section: Ring Sizing
1. Have fingers that swell up easily, or you’re pregnant?
Consider a ring holder necklace to hold your rings when they become too tight.
2. Have a medical condition that makes your knuckles bigger and rings stop fitting well?
There are a few choices for you. Measure your ring size as above then:
- Choose a ring with (or have fitted) a special latch for arthritis.
- Choose an open backed ring (or check to see if you can have your ring converted to one.
- Have your ring resized by a jeweller.
- Use a ring holder necklace to still display your ring(s) if you are unable to wear them.
- If all else desn’t work then your best option might be to visit a jeweller and have your ring size measured correctly. Then use one of the solutions above.
Have another question that we haven’t covered? Send your query to us at firstname.lastname@example.org asked
Ring Measurement Guide
Ring Size Circumference (mm)
- G – 45.5 mm
- H – 46.8 mm
- I – 48 mm
- J – 48.7 mm
- K – 50 mm
- L – 51.2 mm
- M – 52.5 mm
- N – 53.8 mm
- O – 55.1 mm
- P – 56.3 mm
- Q – 57.6 mm
- R – 58.9 mm
- S – 60.2 mm
- T – 61.4 mm
- U – 62.7 mm
- V – 64 mm
- W – 65.3 mm
- X – 66.6 mm
- Y – 67.8 mm
- Z – 68.5 mm