About Our Environmentally Friendly Minimal Packaging
At Willow and Stag, from the earliest conception we knew we wanted to help take better care of our world by making environmentally conscious decisions in all aspects of our business. We care about more than just making beautiful jewellery and accessories. We also care about the impact we have on the environment and the people who live in it. That’s why we use environmentally friendly minimal packaging for all our products.
What is environmentally friendly minimal packaging?
Environmentally friendly packaging is packaging that is made from recycled, renewable, biodegradable, or compostable materials that reduce waste and pollution. Minimal packaging is packaging that uses minimal materials and space to achieve its function, without compromising on quality or aesthetics.
Why is it important?
Using environmentally friendly minimalist packaging has many benefits for us, our customers, and the planet. Here are some of them:
- It reduces our carbon footprint. By using less materials and energy to produce and transport our packaging, less greenhouse gases are emitted, that contribute to climate change.
- We give customers an easy way to shop responsibly. By showing our commitment to sustainability and social responsibility, we attract more customers who share our values and trust our products.
- It delights our customers. By using simple and elegant packaging that showcases our jewellery, we create a memorable unboxing experience that makes our customers feel special and appreciated and happy knowing they’re contributing to a better way of living.
- It protects our products. By using sturdy and durable packaging that fits our jewellery snugly, we ensure that our products arrive safely and securely to our customers, without damage or loss.
How do we do it?
We use different types of environmentally friendly minimalist packaging for different types of jewellery, depending on their size, shape, and style. Some examples are:
- Sustainably Sourced jewellery display boxes. These are boxes produced from recycled or sustainable sources. We use them for small and medium-sized jewellery items, such as earrings, rings, and bracelets. You can keep them in a drawer/ container or jewellery box to use to store your precious jewellery.
- Mailer boxes. These are cardboard boxes which are FSC certified and sustainably sourced, recyclable and reusable too. We use them for larger or multiple jewellery items, such as necklaces, pendants, or sets.
- Pillow boxes. These are small compact boxes that use minimal recycled or sustainable resources. We use them for delicate or fine jewellery items, such as chains, charms, or studs.
We also use cassava small packets for shipping our products to our customers. These are 100% biodegradable and compostable that replace plastic bags. They are made from cassava starch, a renewable resource that grows abundantly in tropical regions.
Glassine pouches which are another plastic bag alternative. Glassine is made from a wood pulp, so is 100% paper based, making it fully recyclable and biodegradable. Its a great plastic alternative, can be responsibly disposed of and is manufactured from a renewable and sustainable resource.
Tell me more about paper recycling…
100% paper (& card) products are organic, so are naturally biodegradable. This means they can be composted to break down harmlessly into the soil. They can also be recycled recycled at local recycling facilities and remade into new products. Its believed this can be up to 26 times before losing its strength and durability, avoiding the usual ways in which single-use packaging can harm the environment.
We hope you enjoy our environmentally friendly minimalist packaging as much as we do. We believe that by using it, we are not only making a positive difference for the environment, but also for ourselves and our customers. Thank you for choosing us and supporting our mission! 💚